Today I got a crazy recipe. It’s Earl Grey Banana Bread Donuts. It’s a pretty wild mixture. The donuts are topped with peanut butter and walnuts. It doesn’t get any tastier than that. Unless, of course, you’re not a fan of bananas, in which case the recipe is probably not gonna taste very good.
Important info! The donuts are not super sweet. I like them that way. If you like it sweeter, then I recommend using 50 g of ground dates.
Ingredients Dough (for 11 donuts)
200 g spelt flour
44 g ground almonds (had exactly 44 g at home)
10 g ground dates (if you like it sweeter, take 50 g rather)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 ripe bananas
70 g apple puree
100 ml rapeseed oil
200 ml Earl Grey
100 ml peanut butter
50 g walnuts
- Preheat oven to 175 °C / 350 °F.
- Put spelt flour, ground almonds, date sweetness and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add to the dry ingredients.
- Add rapeseed oil and apple puree and mix everything. Gradually add the Earl Grey and continue mixing everything together.
- Grease a doughnut tin with some rapeseed oil and spread the dough evenly. Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Let it cool down afterwards
- Cover the cooled donuts with some peanut puree and sprinkle with walnuts.